Sunday, August 3, 2008

Adventure Hooks!


Ahhh, my setting. That map was drawn in 1990. Being 15 and coming up with some of those names... ay ay ay. Anyway, I erased the Empire's old name, and just made it "The Empire." Sparnburg, Tarrog, and Murdonland are part of the Empire as well.

Anyway, there's a two week break from my campaign, as many people were busy this week, and next week is Ropecon. In the meantime, I'm offering up these little hooks to my players, so they can tell me what kind of adventure they want to go on for next time (their characters are presently in the Pernell capital):

  • Merchant is looking to hire bodyguards for a trading expedition to the northern tribal lands.
  • A merchant says he was swindled by a wizard in eastern Pernell... wants "collection" work done.
  • Merchants are always looking for guards for their caravans hauling dangerous monsters and wild beasts to the capital of the Empire for the arena games...
  • Prospectors in Northeast Pernell tell of a ruined monastery in the mountains that has been defiled and tainted by Chaos...
  • A village towards Tawrburg has expelled its priest and closed down the church - and church officials in Pernell want someone to investigate.
  • In eastern Sparnburg, they're offering hard coin for goblin scalps...
  • Stone Hold (located in the mountains between Sparnburg and Pernell) authorities are looking for 'outside help' in clearing ancient tombs and lingering traces of undead
  • Petty nobles along the eastern edge of the Empire are always looking to hire mercenaries in their battles against neighboring nobles. Oppressed peasants are always sending someone into Pernell looking for someone to lead their revolt...
  • There are the dwarves from the first adventure, and the underground dwellers from last adventure, if you want to follow-up there...
  • Pot luck! Explore and run into a random scenario that I pull out of my folder.


Which would you choose? Why?

5 comments:

  1. I would choose this one:

    "Petty nobles along the eastern edge of the Empire are always looking to hire mercenaries in their battles against neighboring nobles. Oppressed peasants are always sending someone into Pernell looking for someone to lead their revolt..."

    That just sounds like good fun to me. Especially the idea of leading a peasant revolt against some tyrannic nobles. "The can take our lives, but they can never take our FREEDOMMMMM!". What is not to love about revolution? :)

    --Mike D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably the Monastery defiled and tainted by chaos... sounds like an adventure worth undertaking. Kudos points for Paladins/Clerics/Good aligned characters, a chance for Magicians to unearth some arcane knowledge, probably a fair bit of treasure to be had, and no doubt a mystery to solve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is great.
    Have a nice adventuring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to second mike d.'s choice. The idea of being the guy fighting (and winning) the impossible battles is a big thing that drew me to gaming to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want to say I love that map. It makes me want to dig up all my old maps... I know they are around ehre somewhere...

    ReplyDelete