Friday, July 3, 2009

My Tentative Ropecon Game Schedule

Ropecon is July 31 - August 2, and I'm planning to run games on the first two days. Here is what I submitted to the organizers:

July 31st 4pm
Original D&D (1974)/Swords & Wizardry - The Spire of Iron and Crystal
4 - 10 players
4 Hours

July 31st 8pm
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons 1st Edition - Cairn of the Skeleton King
4 - 10 players
4 Hours

August 1st 12:01am
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons 1st Edition - Tomb of Horrors
4 - 10 players
Until Death, Victory, or Everyone Quits! ... or 6am

August 1st 12pm
"Basic/Expert" Dungeons and Dragons/Labyrinth Lord - Castle Amber
4 - 8 players
4 Hours

August 1st 4pm
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons 1st Edition - The Fane of the Poisoned Prophecies
4 - 6 players
4 Hours

August 1st 8pm
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons 1st Edition - Sanctum of the Stone Giant Lord
4 - 9 players
4 Hours

August 2nd 12:01am
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons 1st Edition - Slave Pits of the Undercity
4 - 9 players
Until Death, Victory, or Everyone Quits!

I'm run the Tomb before, and I ran Slave Pits way back when, but otherwise, these will all be first-time runs for me.

One thing I was thinking of doing was saving myself the rules confusion and running everything under Labyrinth Lord rules, but I'm worried because AD&D assumes a bit more powerful characters pound-for-pound so I'm worried about inviting an even worse bloodbath than some of these are going to be.

4 comments:

  1. Hit points are easy to beef up, if you want to go the LL route.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I wish I could be there for the Tomb of Horrors game.

    "Until Death, Victory, or Everyone Quits!" It will most likely be "death" but it'll be fun getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last year, the Tomb of Horrors run wasn't a TPK. They never found the secret door in the pit though so the survivors gave up. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better eat your Wheaties for that marathon!
    Looks like a superb lineup, I wish I could sit in on a game or two there.

    ReplyDelete